Has managing clients turned into your full-time gig? Do you dread opening your inbox because you know there’s an unreasonable client demand just waiting for you?
Then let’s create a simple document that will reduce the back and forth and let you spend more time doing the work you love–not managing clients.
This course will help you create easier relationships with your clients, by giving them a contract that’s easy to read and light on the legal jargon.
Because for you and your clients to get on the same page, you literally need to get on the same page. And that’s exactly what this course will do.
Can’t I just hack together my contract from free templates?
Maybe you’ve tried to create a contract before. Maybe you’ve downloaded a bunch of free templates, cut and pasted them together. Maybe your friend shared her contract that was written by a lawyer.
But you likely wonder,
- When push comes to shove, will this really protect my business?
- What happens if my client doesn’t pay?
- My process is a little different, does this contract cover that?
In the three modules of this course, you’ll be guided step-by-step and section-by-section through the process of creating a custom contract that protects you based on your exact process and working style. You’ll go from not knowing what to include to confidently handing it over to your clients.
And if you get stuck, you’ll have access to lawyer-drafted templates to use as your jumping-off point and our 24/7 online community to help you out!
What do I have for you?
- In the first seven lessons, you’ll learn what makes a good contract, think about what is (and isn’t) working in your current client relationships, and discover what topics your contract should cover.
- In the next ten lessons, you’ll be guided section by section through creating your contract. Along the way, I’ll share tips and tricks on what words you should (and shouldn’t) use and when you can skip each section.
- In the final three lessons, you’ll learn how to confidently present your contract to your clients and how to update it as your process changes.
- A gift certificate good for one lawyer drafted contract template that you can use as your jumping off point for your contract
Why should you buy from me?
Everyone’s brain works differently. Some people learn by reading, others learn by listening, and others learn by doing.
This is why when you buy from me, you aren’t just getting an online course.
You are getting:
- a set of resources designed to help you, in whatever way you work best
- a 24/7 place to leave questions when you are stuck, so I can help you get unstuck
- access to a licensed attorney that actually *gets* how a creative business operates
- a community to help support you as you navigate getting your legal ducks in a row