An LLC isn’t right for every creative business. But for many creative businesses, there will come a time, when creating an LLC will give the business owner peace of mind and help elevate their business.
But creating an LLC isn’t:
- as simple as shipping off a form
- a set-it-and-forget-it thing
- a magic bullet to prevent all liability
This course is designed to guide you step by step through the process of make sure your LLC fence remains strong–especially when you need it most.
While an LLC is far less work than a corporation, it is a process that involves lots of legal red-tape and adds expectations to how you run your business.
This course will guide you through the process so you are confident you tick off those boxes and know what’s expected of you.
How do decide which LLC Course is right?
In the artist’s Courtyard Resource Library we have two LLC Courses.
How do you decide which one is right for your situation?
- If you haven’t yet created your LLC, then the Create + Maintain version is best because it walks you through creating your LLC AND keeping it legit.
- If you already have an LLC AND an Operating Agreement, and just want to know how to keep your LLC legit then you should use this version.
- If you have an LLC but you don’t have an Operating Agreement and you aren’t 100% confident you know what’s expected of your LLC, then the Create + Maintain version is best because it’ll be the most cost-effective way to create your Operating Agreement AND you’ll also learn how to keep your existing LLC legit.
- If you have an LLC but you don’t have an Operating Agreement and you are 100% confident you know what’s expected of your LLC, then you can check out one of our Operating Agreement templates. We have one if you are running your LLC alone and one if your LLC has multiple owners.
What do I have for you?
- 8 lessons walking you through keeping your LLC legit, including the confusing s corp decision, creating internal LLC documents and creating systems to keep your LLC legit.
- Written transcripts of all closed-captioned videos as a Google Doc for those who prefer to read.
- Templates for all necessary LLC internal maintenance documents, including LLC Meeting Minutes and LLC Writing Consents.
Why should you buy from me?
Everyone’s brain works differently. Some people learn by reading, others learn by listening, and others learn by doing.
This is why when you buy from me, you aren’t just getting an online course.
You are getting:
- a set of resources designed to help you, in whatever way you work best
- a 24/7 place to leave questions when you are stuck, so I can help you get unstuck
- access to a licensed attorney that actually *gets* how a creative business operates
- a community to help support you as you navigate getting your legal ducks in a row